“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Monday, June 7, 2010

Saw an old friend today. He and his wife were major supporters of ours. They were actually the first people to support us, that was even before we knew them. They have been such an encouragement in our lives. They have such a heart for the Lord and following Him, wherever that may lead. It was the first time I had seen him since we have been back. He told me he and his family was heading to Denver, Colorado so he can head to seminary. I was glad and happy for him and at the same time very sad and nervous for him. As far as I am concerned I think he is walking into the shadow of the valley of death. How can I say that? Because I have been there. And I know many others who have as well. The Spiritual warfare that takes place when you step out like this is so intense that it is hard to fathom even if you have been there. I know someone right now that is at seminary whose marriage is in trouble. There are more missionaries then I care to count that have come back off the field that are so beat up, bruised and battered that they want nothing to do with missions, the church or even with God. I am sure there are some that find that hard to believe. But have you taken the time to talk to them or do you avoid the ones that have had a bad experience because you don’t know what to say or just don’t want to know what really happened. People want to think that if you follow God and do what HE wants it will just work out. Problem is…the truth is, it does not always and that can be very hard for many to except. And what can be even harder to except is that God would allow these hard/bad things to happen for HIS purposes. That does not sound like a loving God … or does it?
I think about this guy and his family and something inside aches for them, is scared for them. And what can I do for them? PRAY and PRAY and PRAY some more and be a listening ear for him when “stuff” hits the fan because it will. I will guarantee it. My problem is I have not felt like praying for some time, maybe this is what I need to help push me in right direction.

No comments: