“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Not that it matters so much, but the previous three weeks or so of blogs were actually written about a month ago, and I just scheduled them to post one a day (keep that readership up you know!). So while the thoughts were all there, by now some have already morphed and changed and been processed through further.
While going through some stuff looking for something for a gift, I got into the mail and letters we had received over in Zambia and before we left. Some of it was just sweet stuff. Sometimes I read something and went, really? I didn’t know you were even praying, let alone every day! Some things of course made me cry, some just laugh, others just encouraged.
As I was reading it Thursday, the Lord spoke. I don’t know exactly what it was. It was just this sense of “it is time.” Time for what, I am not sure how to put-time to put it behind, time to go forward, time to think about…
I don’t know. It was just this release of some type. And then the strangest God thing happened. We were contacted by someone we haven’t talked to since November and it wasn’t the happiest last communication. I told him I said I would lying if I didn’t say I was surprised to hear from him. He just said “My God is bigger than you or I.” Yes, He is. So I was surprised to hear from him, yet in a way not really surprised that they were still praying for us.
We’ve been talking about this “thing” the last couple of weeks. And God knows if this “thing” were ever to go further some reconciliation that would be really hard would have to take place. And GOD gave us that first encouragement that it is possible. It was just an awesome God thing. And maybe this “thing” we are talking about will never, ever happen; and maybe it is just the way God is using to get us to starting moving…somewhere, ahead? forward?…from “here.”
We’ve been stopped, we’ve been emailed, we’ve been encouraged as we have heard from many of you in just the last few weeks that you are praying for us. And I think we have both taken a baby step or two forward this last week or so. And we’d so appreciate your prayers in the next few months as we wrestle with the big question of what our calling was-to our agency or to missions and if the calling has been fulfilled. Please pray for discernment and wisdom and trust.

No comments: