“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Monday, March 19, 2012

HAVE YOU EVER REGRETTED SAYING YES TO GOD?

Sad to say more times than not I do. I have said yes to God in some sizable ways and it turned into a living nightmare. At the time saying yes and starting out on that journey was like walking through green pastures by still waters; but before you knew it, you where in the valley of the shadow of death and all you wanted to do was get out and then you finally do and you wind up in the dessert. At first you’re not sure if you like the dessert because it is hot and dry and boring. But it doesn’t take long to realize that it is better than the valley.
I was talking to someone a few weeks back. He had a BIG THING happen to him before he went on the mission field. We were talking about where we are in life now. He said to me, that if he could, he would change it. Even if he knew all the good things that were going to happen because of it, he still would have chosen not to have that BIG THING happen. Because right now, it is really hard to see those good things.
Yes there are times I regret saying YES because I remember what it cost me. And I wonder where would I be and my family be if I had not said YES. What good did it really do by saying YES? Because what I see is the pain that several still live with because of that decision. I often ask GOD…WHY? But I don’t get any answer. That is probably more me than HIM because I don’t know if I really want the answer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you regrett saying yes to God,that means you made the WRONG decision and it was never Gods plan only yours.

Brian and Kelly Jo Kallevig said...

Hello Mr/Ms Anonymous :)

I have written my response to your statement, even though Brian wrote this post. Since he isn't back yet, he can't respond, so you'll will have to wait until next week.

But I am posting your comment now because I think that's a pretty loaded statement with lots of theological implications, and I am curious as to how others would respond. Check back towards the end of next week...

Aaron Minnick said...

Anonymous,

What about Judas? He said yes to God, betrayed him, and later regretted it.

Anonymous said...

From a Brother in Christ to Anonymous,

... too simple an answer for a very complex question.

If you are in the mood to think & ponder, go back and read 1 Kings 19:9-10 and Jonah 4:2-3. Ask some questions along the lines of:
1) Did Elijah and Jonah truly hear God?
2) Did they obey God ... i.e. do as God demanded?
3) What was their attitude/emotional state after obeying?
4) Did their "bad" emotional state negate the prior command and obedience?

The will of God is not a trinket to be played with! ... be very wary of making claims of knowing God's will with absolute certainty.

... and then there is the whole sovereignty issue. Are we really powerful enough to remove ourselves from God’s will? If so, then aren’t we in the driver’s seat? Can I really trust God, if I know that I have the ability to thwart or change His plans?

… ah, but answers to questions like these require some thought and pondering.

Blessings to those who seek the God who is beyond our comprehension.