“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Saturday, March 24, 2012

(disclaimer for my wife’s sake :-) I am not one who minces words, nor looks to be politically correct in my ramblings, though she tries to make me! I am just sharing what and where I am at based on my personal convictions and experiences, many outside of this culture. I know that not everyone will see things the way I do-Kelly and I don’t even see eye to eye on a lot of things! As with anything and everything you read here, take and leave what you want, ask questions to clarify and even comment if you disagree! Discuss it with me, discuss with others if you want {it’s best if you have both read it for yourself before you do}.)

Someone told me recently that I need to be more a part of the “body.” I asked did he mean--the body of believers, or the body of the church down the street? And if it is the latter, what does that mean? I have an idea: you teach a Sunday school class (or maybe you just go to one), maybe you stand up when they want you to and sing when you’re supposed to. If that is the case then maybe I am not a part of the body. I do not teach or attend a Sunday school class and rarely do I stand to sing. That is not out of disrespect-I just need to limit distractions-so I sit and look down so I can focus and think. During the Sunday school hour I talk to others about what is going on in their lives; maybe there are marriage issues, maybe personal struggles, just might only be about handgun recommendations for someone. Do I look to be a part of the “church building body?” No. Am I ok with that that? Yes. Because it is not about them (the people watching me), it is about me and my God. The question may be: can others accept that? Interesting and ironic that not more than three weeks later our interim pastor preached on legalism in the church. He shared about not having to do A, B, or C in this or that way to earn salvation or be a “good” Christian. It’s not about the spiritual disciplines that may work for some.

So what does it mean to you to be a part of the body? What “body” are you trying (harder) to be a part of?

No comments: