“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Just had to post this I decided…I was commenting on Facebook about out how Pastor Mike likes to rile up the kids and then leave and a friend commented that she also heard that he likes to rile up the dog. And I thought of this Hill-Air-Ee-Ass story (really, read it phonetically!) I was actually LOL as I thought of it. So I decided to share it. We kept waiting for it to be a funny story from up front, but who knows? Maybe he as too embarrassed? Yeah-right!

Before we went to Africa we invited Mike & Dee over for supper. We are all watching out the picture window and see Mike playing with this big yellow lab. We’re like, “whose dog is that? I didn’t think Mike had a dog anymore? Maybe he got a new one and they can’t leave it home alone yet? I guess Brian and Mike are better friends than Brian realizes-Mike just decided to bring his dog over without asking us. Okay, whatever, I guess.”

So Mike comes in with the dog and the dog is LOVING it, running up and down the hall. He’s actually a little wild.
We’re thinking, “Wow, that dog is a little hyper”.
Mike is thinking-“Wow, they don’t control their dog very well.”

Finally Mike asks, “So what’s your dog’s name?”
“Um, he’s not OUR dog.”
“No, really, what’s the dog’s name?”
“Really, he’s not our dog. We thought he was yours! You let a stray dog into our house?!”

We get the dog kicked back outside and he then spends the next twenty minutes sitting on the step looking at the door with those big puppy dog eyes!

It was just sooo funny-really, I laugh out loud every time I tell it!!

(BTW, it was one of the neighbor’s dogs I image, just no idea which one!)

No comments: