“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Friday, August 13, 2010

It has been said that it is impossible to forgive a man who deliberately hurts you for the sole purpose of destroying you or lowering you.
If this be true, you have but one hope:
to see this unfair hurt as coming by permission from God
for the purpose of lifting your stature above that place where formerly you stood.

He who takes up the sword perishes by the sword.
He who refuses to take up the sword perishes on the cross.

--Gene Edwards "The Prisoner in the Third Cell" (emphasis mine)

These are just two quotes from the beginning of the book. Written in a similar style as "A Tale of Three Kings", the short chapters have already drawn me in. Gene Edwards is a wonderful story teller.

Under the title, Edwards asks:
"Will you follow a God who does not live up to your expectations?"

Can't wait to get further in. I am sure I will have more thoughts as I finish! (I am stilling reading my adoption attachment book; I just needed a break from that. I have a pile of eight other books I would like to be reading, just gotta finish that one that I SHOULD be reading by the 19th so I can return it to the library.)

No comments: