“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Just did something that I dislike when others do it to me. How easily we forget, or at least mentally remove ourselves. We just don’t always think it through.
As always there is way more background to the situation, even more than that other person knows and that I am going to bother to tell you. But basically in the midst of (freshly) grieving over something, instead of just acknowledging the grieving and leaving it there, I suggested looking at the blessings and looking ahead to where God would work and use people.
Now, not really a bad thing, I know. But timing, timing, timing! In my mind, totally appropriately because I am further removed. In theirs, not so much so, because it is closer to the heart still.
Happened to us when we left Africa, just happened when we lost Michael.
So how do you find the balance? And truthfully, it’s not that I know the person very well, but I know the situation. Do I just need to zip the lip? As a part of the body of believers, I have a desire to encourage. Having gone through a similar situation, but now towards the end /removed from it, I want to encourage that REALLY- there REALLY TRULY is GOOD that will come as we follow God’s leading, even through the hard stuff. It’s tough, it’s a learning process, but there is a point that comes and you realize just how God was working-in you, in others, in the body of believers.
Sounds a little silly, but it reminds me of child birth. Ouch! Yet I keep doing it and want to do it again-I’ve pretty much forgotten the extent of the pain of it. So here I am trying to encourage forgetting the pain of being right in the middle.

No comments: