“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Friday, June 29, 2007

END OF THE JOURNAL

6-14-07
Walked around with Lewis and Zack to check out the land. There is a lot of potential and a lot of work. Some of the land won’t take too much to get started. Pete and I also went down to the river today, this time I went swimming. It was cold, but better than the showers.
I’ve been up since 3 am, it’s 5 pm now and I am starting to get tired. It was about 39 degrees when we got up this morning. But I feel a lot better; I feel a relief and excitement and nervousness, but also some confidence. Not a lot, but some now. I want to get home and see my wife and kids. I miss them. I need to get to the chiropractor- my back is killing me and I am sure my neck needs adjusting. There is a lot to do, just not sure where to start. I’ll see if I can talk to Lewis tonight or tomorrow.
6-15-07
Talked to Lewis last night, he wasn’t a lot of help. Zack suggested talking to Leah (Lewis’ wife) to get started talking about expenses, budgets, etc; everything that’s next in the process that I don’t know about. Zack offered me his cabin when I return to get some things done here. He’s leaving everything hoping to return some day.
I’m not feeling good today-I think it’s nerves about heading home. Telling everyone what is in the works. It doesn’t help the lack of sleep has finally caught up with me. I’m shot.
The anticipation of seeing Kel and the kids is getting stronger. Just now getting everything packed and put away. I am leaving my stuff in Zack’s cabin. The ladies here will wash my clothes for me. They wouldn’t take anything for it. There are just so happy that we’re coming.
Last night in Africa-I’m excited to go home-but I am going to miss some of these people. They have become friends. Not really sure what I feel. Pete and I just had a time of prayer. I am too tired to think clearly.
6-16-07
These pictures are from an orphanage for street kids that we visited this morning before we left.
6-17-07
Finally on the plane to Minneapolis. I missed the connecting flight in DC (along with 90% of the people on my flight from South Africa). It’s been interesting to say the least. I have been praying a lot in these airports, because I haven’t a clue what I am doing.
I am nervous for a lot of different reasons. This mission thing is so big. It scares me to think about it. I think about what Lewis said- he still gets afraid sometimes. I’ve been second-guessing myself- I shouldn’t. I need a lot of prayer. It has been rather lonely the last couple of days. I know that has contributed to my thinking. I just want to hold my wife and kids and rest for a couple of days. I’ve got a lot to share though and I am sure there are plenty of people want to hear.
6-20-07 (been home for a couple of days)
I realized today that it is not my job to try and convince people that we’re not crazy and that we are doing the right thing. God told me it’s not my responsibility to convince anyone that I am doing what God has called me to do. That’s His job. I just need to be obedient to Him.

1 comment:

snowy80829 said...

You wrote: "God told me it’s not my responsibility to convince anyone that I am doing what God has called me to do. That’s His job. I just need to be obedient to Him."

That makes a lot of sense - Sometimes, when following God (a lot of times?)I feel like everyone must think I'm nuts (some tell me that from time to time...) I really appreciate this insight you shared. Thank you for posting it!
Susan from AOH forum