“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Monday, June 25, 2007

5 minutes



This is a picture of a young lady and her two boys, 20 months and 12 months (you do the math…). The older boy is just a kid who liked to have his picture taken! When I saw them I thought she was carting her twin boys. So I asked her if I could take a picture of her and her boys. This woman was in my life for less than 5 minutes and I will never forget her. It was nothing she did; it was what she asked of me. She could have asked me for money or food, which I am certain she had little of. But no, she asked me for a Bible. That is what she wanted more than anything else. And I did not have one to give her. We had already handed out all the Bibles we had with. I can still see her standing there, me having to tell her I didn’t have one for her. That sick feeling in my gut is still there when I think about her. When I was standing there all I could think about is the fact that I have a dozen Bibles at home sitting on the shelf, all different kinds, different versions. I can only read one at a time. I ask you how many Bibles do you have sitting on your shelves? Remember there are people in Zambia {and elsewhere} that desire Bibles more than anything. I am going to look into how I can get more Bibles there. God brought this woman and her boys into my life for a brief moment, to open my eyes. I pray I never forget. God’s word is more precious then gold or silver or even food and there are people out there who know that and desire it above all else.

No comments: