“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Saturday, May 30, 2009

day 2 no water

We finally got the pump pulled out at about noon today. I figured that if we did not have it in to Lusaka by noon we would have to wait until Monday. I was assured that we could get one so I had to hurry into Lusaka, so I did. Made really good time . Think NASCAR road race. I get there and wait for our guy for 45 minutes-- and then he tells me “ it is Saturday afternoon, everything is closed”. I just about bit my tongue off. So why did I hurry to town? I don’t know. I could have waited until Monday morning.
At the school today, Kelly had the ladies get her a pot of river water to boil so we could just have some water around to do some dishes, etc. We put it through our Ceradyn filter after it was boiled, so it is fine for washing. We are drinking bottled water, and I got some juice when I was in Lusaka, and we had pop also. Still no toilet flushing though. Well, okay, we got water from the tank and flushed down today’s deposits. One day without flushing is enough at a time.
On Monday Stewart is suppose to be bringing out the new pump and motor and we will put the well back together. Until then, Pastor Henry will be going to Nygwena to someone’s borehole pump to get more water. It’s pretty tough going to get to the river right now, the ladies bringing up water in 20 liter jugs on their heads. So, yes there will be a Day 3 without water but PRAYERFULLY not a Day 4. American team arrives on what better not be Day 5!

No comments: