“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Emily

The song you are hearing now comes from a friend of ours, Emily Kaillo. She lives here in Willmar with her hubby, three boys and one on the way! (Depending on the speed of your computer, it may take a bit to load, if you play it through, the last song I posted will play then too)
This is an album she has been working on for a while. I met her at a home school co-op we both took our kids to a few years ago. She wrote all the songs-music and lyrics. She produced it in the Twin Cities area (of Minnesota). Her husband Erik sings background along with Jenny and Jeremy Erickson. Jeremy went to bible school with Brian and I about 15 years ago and even sang at our wedding (he has quite a story of his own, www.jeremyerickson.com.). He produced and provided a lot of the instrumentation. Also playing percussion on some of the songs is Kyle Torfin, whom I worked at a bible camp with about 16 years ago in rural northeast North Dakota (Go PRBC!). Another percussionist, Joshua Skogerboe I have met once way back when in passing, and Brian and I went to school also with some relatives of his. (Yes, I seem to be name dropping for some reason, I don’t know why.)
Anyway, I love this album. It is an acoustic/folk, Sara Groves story telling type of feel I think. Real heart lyrics. If you are interested in hearing more/purchasing an album, you can contact me and will give you Emily’s info. I’d post them all if I could! :-)
I had a horrible time choosing which song to post. I read through the lyrics and some of them just seemed to “fit” so well. This is called “ABUNDANT-REDUNDANT”. This is where we are/have been. We don’t want a redundant life, we want Christ’s abundant life

No comments: