“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

snacks

Snacks would be good. If you ever decide to send a care package, snacks for the kids would be great!!! They just don’t have them here-granola bars, fruit roll-ups, peanut butter crackers, anything. And a box of saltines would be great in case someone gets sick! I will add this to our mail/package info.
Any plumbers out there? We are wondering if we just bought the cheapest crappiest fixtures or what. There is GREAT water pressure under the sinks themselves, but then after it goes through the facet-not much pressure? Did we get some of those environmentally friendly kinds that slow it down or is something else wrong?
Brian was in town today-got the propane! The fridge is cooling down right now, and Brian is trying to get the kitchen drain hooked up. Problem is he needs some glue, but they glued the can closed. He also got the strips to finish the ceiling in the main room-then that room will be “finished”-except for painting. I think he is going to work on the glass for the windows next since rainy season is starting.
Ever try to get a 3 month old to take a pill? I crush it so it is powdery, but every other time or so it all comes up. Speaking of Henry, he is INCREDIBLY spoiled!! He only sleeps well when he sleeps with me. Now if our king bed was set up, that would be one thing; but we are on a full bed right now! I wake up a lot to move him or me around. No wonder I am asleep each night in the chair around 8 pm.
I did laundry today with the girls. Maybe a third of it, figured I’d do more tomorrow. Would not have passed the African ladies standards, but not too bad. Well, PRAISE THE LORD! Four of the ladies came down to visit and finished up the rest for me. THANK YOU GOD! I noticed they don’t always get all the BOOM (detergent paste) out in the rinse too, so hopefully no one is allergic! How come the girls love to help when they come down, but it is drudgery when they have to do with me!
So tomorrow I hope to finish the boxes already in the main room and get those sorted through. Then I will really need to scrub the floor. Part of me says why bother since everything is dusty red ALL THE TIME, but I don’t need any mice or extra bugs around the house.
I don’t like feeling like there is so much to do all the time-I get crabby with the kids. We have plenty of time to do it all, no hurry, just our own comfort. I am doing a lot better with the bugs and whatnot then I expected too. A couple of HUGE spiders tonight in the house. A lot less wasps around now, Brian sprayed Tempo and the bugs have been a lot less. We have at least one gecko that likes our veranda, but I can handle that.
Started the cloth diapers today too-fun.
For prayer requests, I guess you could just keep praying for patience while living in the “work zone”, especially with the kids. I try, but you know, some days…
We are going to try to go to the Zambia Braai on Saturday-basically a potluck barbeque for missionaries in Lusaka and the surrounding area. Should be good to meet some of the people we’ve been emailing with!
Oh yes, can’t forget church yesterday. VERY, VERY LONG, especially with 7 hot kids. I burnt my neck while outside with the kids, and Henry got a little burnt around the eyes. Not too many impressions as I was just trying to keep some of the kids quiet. Then we got a tour of the village and a meal there too as this was Henry’s home church where he was married and was a senior pastor. That was an eight hour day right there. When we started the generator later, we let the kids watch a short movie, so they were happy.

3 comments:

Kathy's Korner said...

thanks for this post! its great to hear about the day to day to challenges when imagining you all there!

Anonymous said...

Kris (who did a lot of the plumbing at the college) thinks you might have sand in the faucet filter. I have that problem here in the States.

Brian and Kelly Jo Kallevig said...

nope-don't even have the faucet filters on :-(