“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Sunday, November 23, 2008

from 11/18/08

Got a lot done today. Or at least it felt like it. All morning we ( Zimba, Henry, Laxon, Joblony and myself) worked on laying rocks for steps around the veranda. I asked for a little help and I got too much. Things never goes as well when you have to many people, it gets a little sloppy and they don’t bother to ask what I exactly want done. We will pour the steps in the next day or so. This afternoon I completely unloaded the container. I needed it empty so I could move it into place and I need a dry place to keep my charcoal for the rainy season. I was able to push it into place with the backhoe. The container now sits off the front far corner of the house. Close enough to get stuff when needed and far enough way that it is not so noticeable. It really felt like I accomplished something by getting that thing into place. And I can now look out the front windows of the house and see mt. kazemba instead of the big blue container. I need to get back into Lusaka and get some things done (if that is possible). Any day in lusaka is a long day. I’d be happy if I rarely if ever had to go into that zoo.
We can now go through more things and see if we can put them back on the container for some other time. It would help a lot if I built a very large book shelf. We would be able to empty a lot of boxes. The kids today found some games and books they had forgot about so they were very happy.
Elijah and Eve appear to have adjusted very well. This is there home and they will protect it. I think a few of the locals just about soiled themselves. Once they know you are a friend and not a foe it’s not a problem. They locals refer to them as the lions. They told me I didn’t get dogs, I got lions. Now we can leave and know the house is secure. I can leave now and know these 2 are watching out for Kelly and the kids. I was never really all that conserned before but this is nice. And besides it feels more like a home having dogs around. I grew up always having at least a couple of dogs around so this feels natural. I think it has difintly help the kids with some of the transition of moving and the grief and loss of losing there dog (Abby).

No comments: