“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Saturday, November 15, 2008

a day of firsts

I became an owner of 4 African guinea fowl. Zimba and I built a makeshift shelter for them until I design and build something else. I’ve got a few ideas on a structure but I’ll have to get a little farther on the house before I get to gung-ho on that. I have had Zimba clear a large area for a garden and nursery to start trees and plants.
Myron put his hands on the hot pot on the charcoal cooker today. He is doing fine. His hands were wet when he touched it and I put oil of oregano on them immediately with a damp cloth; that seemed to do the trick. Before bed he was running around killing bugs. Children getting burned is rather a common occurrence over here due to the fact everyone cooks on the ground.
I had my first staff meeting here at the collage. We had a discussion about some of the new polices that are being implemented now that I am here. The guys were open and forthright and expected me to be the same and I was very thankful for that. I am sure this won’t be our only discussion about new polices. We have decided to meet regularly for staff meeting to discuss what took place this past week and to put together a game plan for the coming week. And as part of this staff meeting we are also going to have a Bible study and prayer together. This will be the key to the success of our relationship and ultimately the college.
It was also the official start to the rainy season. At least that is what the locals told me. Last night a pretty good storm came through and we still had light showers through the morning. It was nice and cool this morning but really heated up by this afternoon. And in came a new crop of bugs :-(
Tomorrow we are going to our first Braai (pronounced Bri). It is a barbeque where any area missionaries and come for fellowship-hang out, eat, and let the kids play. We’ll let you know how it was later.
We are also looking at adding a couple new members to the family. Pictures to come.

1 comment:

Leroy and Kari Huizenga said...

MORE MEMBERS TO THE FAMILY???? :) We can't wait to hear about it :)!!!!!