“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Sunday, November 9, 2008

one week down

ONE WEEK DOWN
It is hard to believe a week has already gone by. We have seemed to have settled in pretty good. We are cooking our meals over charcoal, eating a lot of fresh fruit and veggies, getting the container unloaded. The kitchen is pretty much set up, some of the living room. Got the kids set up in the one bedroom my dad finished. Plan on getting propane on Mon, plan on having a fridge on Tues. I also need to start to get glass in the windows this next wk. Also need to do more plumbing. And, and, …… well you get the idea. I want so badly to get this house done! To sleep in a bed that is big enough for Kelly and I both. To actually put stuff away, instead of moving stuff from one spot to another than again and again. The locals all want to help; I just don’t know what to have them do. I am rather particular on quality of work. Kelly has gotten after me more than once for being to fussy. And I have screwed up a couple of times and that has a tendency to make me upset. I want things to look nice. I know Kel doesn’t care. She is very easy to please when it comes to the house, I am not. The fact is, I want the people I am going to be teaching to care that much. I want them to care about the little things (okay, maybe not quite as much as me but close). I know I’m going to have to slow down because I know I can not keep this pace up (and probably shouldn’t). I do enjoy it though, seeing it coming together (the house). I look out side and I see what I need/want to do there (with the agriculture). I can picture it in my minds eye. Truth is, this has been a very hard week,at least for me. More worries I guess. This is the first time Kel and the kids have been here. So I just naturally have more on my mind. The idea of taking a Sabbath rest right now seems like a bad idea but actually I need it! Oh ya, I’m teaching Sun school too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all have your first week behind you! It sounds like you have a lot to do but that you're getting it done. I'm sure it will all go the way it should! We sure miss you guys!! Lizzy wants me to tell you she sent a letter to Cybil and Mariah.

Have a great week 2!

Dori said...

Hi Kallevigs,

Sounds like you are settling in. I know how it is to move, except you are on a much bigger scale. The boxes and putting things away is something else.
You will get it done. We are thinking of you and praying for you all.
God bless.