“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Friday, April 2, 2010

THE TEACHER IS ALWAYS SILENT DURING THE TEST

Before we left Zambia we took a trip to Lake Kariba for a missionary seminary. One of the days in class the husband of one of the couples there shared some of their story. They had been through hell in the mission field and they were still there, trying to heal up from all the hurts and betrayals that had taken place. He shared that in the midst of the hell he was very upset and was crying out to God. And there was nothing. He prayed and prayed and still nothing. He did not understand why God would not speak to him anymore. He told his mother what was happening and was asking the question, why? And she said something that was so profound. “The teacher is always silent during the test”. WOW, it pierced me through the heart. You see it was where I was at. For months I had been crying out to my Father and I heard nothing. I was angry, frustrated, hurt because of the silence. I wanted an answer from God and I got nothing. I did not understand why. Just answer me, please. Day after day I would cry out to Him and I heard nothing. But when he shared this, it was like the light came on. I now understood. God had not forgotten me; He was not too busy for me. I was in the midst of the test, it was not finished yet and the silence was for a purpose. Has God since began to speak, yes He has. That test is finished.

Being Easter I have been reflecting on what it means, what happened. And the fact there was even a time that the Father was silent to even His Son. And Jesus asked, “Father, Father why have you forsaken me?” Even Jesus knows what it is like not to hear the Father for a time. How comforting that is to know. The good news is, He does not stay silent. He can and will speak again. The test is ultimately for us and His purposes.

No comments: