“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

DAY 2 OF VACATION

As Kelly and I walked on the beach we both felt a surrealness of life. We were both thinking the same thing, that Africa feels like a dream, an old dream. Not a bad dream just a dream.
And now as I sit here on this beach trying to look to the future, what do I see? Mountains in the mist, waves crashing on the sand and rocks. I see beauty and I am in the midst of it, but for what purpose? I am impatient, frustrated with God, desiring progress that I can see. I want Kelly to enjoy this vacation, to relax. We should think about the future but we don’t want to. Because nothing is clear.

(While we were gone the kids messed up the computer and some files so we lost some things we had written. Oh well, it’s only words, but still—it STINKS! There were some good thoughts we had begun developing. Of course before we left I thought, I should do a save to the hard drive…but I didn’t. Shoot!)

No comments: