“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Am I really amazed by God/Christ anymore? Does He excite me? Have I “relabeled” His love for me (to something else-His care, His provision, His healing, His peace, etc) so that it doesn’t “feel” like love anymore? When I get a sense of peace, is that not because of His love for me? Paul writes in Ephesians about wanting us to EXPERIENCE the love of Christ. How do you experience? An “experience” is some type of situation or a crisis or an event. Then yes, I have really experienced Christ’s love!!!
But is it now so comfortable, so expected, that is just doesn’t “feel” exciting anymore? I have never been an awe person-like seeing a work of nature and just dwelling and looking and saying, “Awe-that is so awesome! God is so great!” I am more a “that’s really cool”, let’s move on… (maybe because I just don’t like the outdoors??? Hee-hee) Being married to the same man for 14 years, the love we have isn’t so much the lusty feeling it once was (okay maybe it is at times!). It’s a different, more mature love.
How does the “feeling” you have of the love of God change the longer you know it? How do you wait expectedly, as opposed to maybe just expecting it?

So how do YOU “feel” God’s love?

No comments: