“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Friday, March 12, 2010

back home

Things went pretty well when we were gone. There are always things that seem to happen when you’re gone that just don’t happen when your home. Like the water pipe froze up in the pump house, which has not happened all winter. Henry had a tough week; he cut a molar or 2. Cybil and Mariah took turns sleeping with him. Except the one night Henry cried for an hr or 2. Kari (Kelly’s sister) went in to check on them and Henry was lying on top of Cybil screaming and Cybil was sound to sleep. I don’t even know how that is possible but she was. So everyone was a little tired when we returned.
I received a call back on a job I interviewed from over a month ago. But what they are offering is not all that appealing. A lot of hours and responsibility for not all that much pay. I was a tad disappointed when they told me what they were offering. It held no appeal for me and when I told Kelly she felt the same, so I plan to keep looking. I went out to the local ag show to talk to people and get my name out there. I am thinking about putting out a mailer to area farmers that might be looking for help coming up this spring. I still have my part time job that pays well and if I can keep doing that in conjunction with something else, I think we would do fine. Maybe the vacation did help to become a little more focused. I guess we will see where it goes.
In the mean time I keep praying about life, for others and what they are going through, for my family. The kids still at times struggle with things and Kelly still has some things to work through. I have been praying for her a lot. God has given me a very strong desire/an urgency to pray for her for the last couple of months. I don’t completely understand, I just know there are things going on. Some I can see, some I cannot. I know God is at work and it can be hard to watch at times. We often do not talk about the fact that a lot of times when the Spirit is at work it is painful. For the one the Spirit is working on and for the ones that are the closest to the person watching. It is the refiner’s fire purifying, perfecting HIS work

No comments: