“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Saturday, August 1, 2009

peace and quiet

Well, as quiet as it gets with 7 kids. The Americans, pastors, and students are all gone. It has been over 3 months of pretty much non-stop go-go-go. Henry and David are going to go to their farms to check on things. It turns out someone has been helping themselves (stealing) to Henry’s maize (he does not have a fence). One individual was caught by someone and beaten, yes I said beaten. That is often what happens when someone is caught stealing. It is what I call immediate justice. There are no 3 meals a day, cable TV or anything else while they wait for trial “to see if they are guilty”. Once in a while the police are called but not usually and that is not much better for the criminal.
For the month of August we plan on taking a “working vacation”. That is a nice term which means we don’t have enough money to actually go on a vacation anywhere right now. There have been a few to many unexpected expenses the last couple of months. So we will hang out here and get the things done that we could not get to when we got here because we where to busy doing stuff for GL. We are handing over pretty much all the responsibility to Paul. He is the one in charge now not me. Now when people come to me to ask, what about this or that I say “go see Paul”. Before we came I was having lunch with brother Fred. He told me that I would probably be in charge for a while and then I would have to give it to someone else. He was right. It is not an easy thing to do. I have invested everything I had to running this place (often to my own and my own families expense). Part of me feels the release of pressure that I/we were under. Part of me sees the fact that Paul has different priorities then I have, we see things very differently. And that is okay. It will just take some time to get used to. The best for me/us is if we do not even know what is going on with the other side, be kept out of the loop. Why, because I don’t need to know what decisions need to be made if I am not going to make them. I am more of a General than a private. It is no secret; I don’t tow the line real well. So if you don’t like what you hear, don’t ask. So for the next month we are going to take time for ourselves what ever that might be. Truth be told we are tired and burnt out and we need to go into GL detox. Take the time we need to get recharged physically, emotionally, and more importantly spiritually. Everything is running on E right now. I would ask you be in prayer for us this next month especially. That JEHOVAH ROPHE (THE LORD WHO HEALS) will do what HE needs to do.

No comments: