“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I know I forgot to put this in earlier. On the last Thursday of the summer teams, we actually had SPRINKLES! How weird is that???
I think winter is just about officially over now, maybe a few more weeks. It really hasn’t been too bad. Lots of wind mainly, there were a few nights that got below 40 degrees, but all in all, not too harsh of a winter. Down by the river there was frost some mornings.
Still going back and forth a lot on our truck. There is a vehicle we could get. Great shape, definitely set up for the bush and well taken care of. A few years newer than ours. We, of course, paid too much for ours, so that is what holds us back some. If we had actually seen it before came, we would have tried to negotiate for a better deal. But, we couldn’t and it served its purpose well enough I suppose. It is still an okay vehicle-just needs to be retired out of the bush and into the city. The dealership isn’t overly hot on trading it because of its age and condition, but would be willing to give us something, a lot less than we want of course. Keep praying about whether or not to pull the trigger on buying this newer (safer!) vehicle. And then there is that 15 passenger van in the States…
I guess a tree fell on our shed in the States. It didn’t sound like it was too bad. The couple that is renting our home are great, and he wanted to fix the shed himself, so we say GO AHEAD! They are also going to cut down some of the other dead trees in the back of the house, so they don’t fall down too.
Well, I didn’t shake it. Sorry, one African mindset I can’t seem to shake is the weight issue. I know, I know, how trivial. But the pounds are starting to come back on thanks to all our junk food gifts, that it affects me. What can I say? You can’t take the American out of the woman?
Last Saturday we went with Pastor Matt to Munda Wanda zoo. It wasn’t too bad. I had heard it wasn’t that great so wasn’t expecting too much. But all in all, it was pretty good. They have a water slide and swimming pool there too, so when the heat kicks in, we have another place we can go for a cool dip. There were warthogs, tigers and cheetahs (we didn’t see them), baboons, lions, ostriches and other different birds, small fox like animals, and a whole bunch of other stuff I don’t know the name of. I will try to post some pictures soon.
Did I ever mention Vanessa, the high school gal who was working for us? WAS is the word. A few weeks ago she came here crying her eyes out because her little brother had died. Lucy walked up with her and explained it for her. Both Lucy and I comforted her and gave her transport money to the funeral. After a week I went to ask Lucy if she had heard when Vanessa was coming back. That’s when I learned that she got run out of her Auntie’s house because she was sleeping around with her boyfriend. And just a few days ago, Lucy came up and told me that they boy had died months ago. Naturally Lucy was upset, and so was I. I had given her an advance on her salary for a school fee and was wiling to let her come and work that off, but when I found out about the lie about her brother, there’s no way. Vanessa is the granddaughter of the Chieftess on the other side of the river. So we still have to go and talk to her about it, and at least request the money back from her and met with her to try to get her to “tell the truth.” I really don’t expect the money back, but we must at least go and confront her in her sin. Now, THAT is a cultural thing! In the States, we’d probably just brush it off. But here, we seem to hit things head.

SUPPORT UPDATE
We just got our monthly numbers in. We are so blessed by Jehovah Jireh who is providing for us. We have seen our committed monthly support drop about 10% in the last few months. A little over $4000 of our $4500 is still committed. As I said before, our house rent will cover some of that number, not for sure yet the difference. We have had numerous people give special gifts at just the times we need them to meet our monthly support level. We so appreciate all who are willing to give-whether on a regular basis or special gifts!! We would like to see our committed monthly support stay at the $4500 level though so we know we are covered. If you would like to join our support team in anyway (even just a one-time gift), just email me and I will send you the information, or click the link on the right hand side.
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTNER WITH US-THROUGH PRAYER AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT!

No comments: