“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Thursday, January 15, 2009

update

Got the backhoe back home today. It was supposed to be here before Christmas but the guy that was supposed to do it and said he would decided not and left for holiday and wouldn’t return any of my calls. I really dislike putting something back together that someone else tore apart. Well I got it together and runable, that in itself was no small miracle. There is so much more wrong that needs fixing but it is here instead of sitting down the road. Timothy got the motorcycle running today. It took him a couple of days. The motorcycle, 4-wheeler, gator, tractor all sat for over 2yrs. You can not do that if you want stuff to work. So I have the frustrating task of fixing. I do not consider myself a mechanic by any means. I can replace parts if need be, but trouble shooting is not my gift.
I got a fine today; it seems my road tax has expired. Who knew? No one ever told us when it was due. I guess I cannot complain to much, I had 2 other potential fines this last wk but was able to talk them into a warning. So only paying 1 of 3 is not all bad. The police have check points all over right now. It is revenue making time so got to watch out.
Garden update: the lettuce, radishes, carrots, potatoes, sweet corn, sweet potatoes, rape, asparagus, squash (3 types), watermelon (2 types), cantaloupe, muskmelon, cucumbers, pumpkin, cilantro, basil, are all up. I’ve planted orange, lemon, guava, avocado, eucalyptus and a few other trees. I have started moringa, tamarinth, grapefruit, and a few other trees. I’ve planted numerous other vegetables and getting ready to start more. I’ve been so busy with administration, inventory, personnel issues, and family that I have not had the time to spend doing the gardening I would like. I am trying to me harvest for April through July to provide for all the different teams coming through. For those of you that are coming, I am going to try my best to provide some fresh produce from here, but no guarantees.
It is my 1st yr so I’m just learning.

1 comment:

TINNERBILL said...

Brian you might improve the variety but I don't think you can improve on the quality of food the teams eat. I have never been disappointed in a meal at the college. The ladies do a wonderful job!