“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

love and hate

I love the warm weather. My daily attire is t-shirt, shorts, and sandals. What’s not to love?
I love the people. You will never meet friendlier people. We had a guy sitting next to us at restaurant the other day (it was tim, kel, and me) he pretty much joined us, bought us drinks. In America there would be many that would have found it rude but not here, I like that.
I love the quiet of living in the bush, and the beauty I see everywhere out here from the wild flowers and the trees in bloom, the colorful birds to the mist that covers the mountains in the morning and how easily things seem to grow.
I rather enjoy the off-roading we have to do to get back here to the house
I love all the fresh fruit and vegetables

What I hate: missing my family and friends. That is by far the worst thing about all this. It is true isolation. We are missing the fellowship, true fellowship. I had brothers in the lord that would challenge me. There are still days that I cry over the void I feel. It sucks!
I hate the fact I have a backhoe, tractor, gator, 4-wheeler, motorcycle, plow, disc, & planter NONE of which are in working order. (yet)
I hate long life milk. I’m sorry but growing up drinking fresh milk and now having this mutated stuff. It just doesn’t fly.
I hate powdered milk. You just shouldn’t smell the milk before you drink it.
I hate the fact that just about everything here is more expensive than the states. Fuel just went down to $5 dollars a gallon it was over 7.
I hate that the fuel is very dirty over here, you are changing filters and plugs all the time.
I hate the fact that people are content and satisfied with things and service that they shouldn’t be.
I hate that know one is in a hurry here. Any store you go into, minimum 1-2 hrs. and that’s if you know exactly what you need. Tim got a good taste of what it is like; he wouldn’t last very long here. It becomes very frustrating very quickly.

No comments: