“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Thursday, January 29, 2009

the maiden voyage of the uss scared cat

So I took my first drive today; not the 200 meters from my house to the shop. Nope, I drove about 4km down to the basic school to get a tray of eggs. It hasn’t rained now for about three days, so things are pretty dry, just a few mud spots. But the road is hard, uneven, bumpy, rutty…and I don’t remember which way to go sometimes (there will be an island of trees, you go left or right around it. Both sides meet up, but one is not as nice of a ride!). We made it okay-only one egg got broken on the way home. I still wouldn’t say I am overlying confident with the stick shift on the left hand thing though. But I figure some day I have to work myself up to driving alone. We are going to bring the truck into a mechanic we found, highly recommended by another mission organization. He is going to go through it and get it into tip-top shape. It’s been losing power and burning oil, but not at any type of regular interval so Brian isn’t sure what else to have checked out. Once it is running I better, I may brave it to Chongwe to get the mail!

No comments: