“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Thursday, January 29, 2009

not so weird

So, it really wasn’t as weird as I thought it would be to have Catherine here. It was a little awkward right away, but then she got to work and we started school and it was fine. I was aware she was there the whole time, but I didn’t feel as “watched” as I thought I would (one thing I REALLY don’t like). She did a bunch of sweeping and wiping that we just haven’t had time to do, made us nshima and rape for dinner (always better than when I try), then worked on some clothes. The girls and I still helped with some when we weren’t doing school. But it was really a change in the feeling of the day for me. I didn’t have this huge list in my mind of all I had to do. We were able to spend a little more time on school and it just seemed a lot more relaxing of a day. She will come and help me out three days a week to start. Who knows? We may even start to change our clothes every day since we’ll have help washing them! It’s the middle of the afternoon and I have no guilt about spending 45 minutes typing on the computer for the blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm glad you were able to spend time blogging w/o feeling badly about it. I know I love it when I see you've posted a new blog! Please tell her your friends overseas appreciate her help so we can stay updated!