“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Thursday, May 29, 2008

proper etiquette?

So just what is the proper etiquette when you break a window on your vehicle while out driving? What if it is at a very busy intersection? I mean, it's not like I carry a broom and dust pan in the van for such occasions!
Today I was bound and determined to get my treadmill to a friend's for a garage sale. And because I didn't want to do a bunch of extra driving, the girls and I squeezed it into the back of the van. Things are motoring along just fine...until about 4 blocks before the house I was going to. I had to stop at the light, then when I went to start again... I didn't hear a crash or anything, just happen to look in my rear view mirror as I pulled out and noticed the hole.
So really, what are you suppose to do? Had it been a quiet side street, I suppose I would have gone back and picked up some glass (there really wasn't that much that would have made it on to the street I don't think, judging from the size of the hole and my back seat). Are you suppose to call the city and tell them about it so they can have someone clean it up? I dunno. It was black glass so when I drove by later, I really couldn't even see any on the ground. What is the proper etiquette?
So anyway, I drove on, not knowing what else to do, unloaded the treadmill, we cleaned up the glass that was still stuck to the door, taped a garbage bag over the window, and on I drove to the insurance office. They called it in right away and tomorrow they are coming out to fix the window.
Oh yes, and just for the record-I didn't even cry!

I got some pictures that a gal from church did of the kids and I last week that we are sending with Brian's folks this weekend as an early Father's Day gift.

If you are in the Willmar, MN area and looking for a good garage sale, let me know! I got rid of kids clothes and some household stuff (including the tread mill, a swimming pool, lots of nice winter jackets), the one gal is closing her daycare so they have lots of kids toys, and the other 2 gals are just getting rid of lots of kids clothes and toys too. There are books and movies, small appliances, and even some baked goods. The sale is Saturday 7:30-2, with half price starting at noon. Just email me and I will give you the address.

No comments: