“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend at IHOP (no, not the pancake house, although John did make us pancakes Saturday morning)

We are back from Kansas City. We went for a time of rest and restoration at the House of Prayer. We were very busy yet we did find rest and renewal. How is that possible, being so busy? Our days started at 9am and went to after 8pm, now that is a full day. But the days consisted of worship, prayer, study of Scripture, and ministry. Everything revolves around prayer/fasting and worship (for you cannot have one without the other).
It is so easy to get caught up in stuff, good stuff, even Godly stuff and miss out. We/I get so caught up in trying to accomplish/attain/complete something for God, I forget I am not measured by my attainment but by my obedience!
What did I learn/remember this weekend? That all I do and all I go through, is UNTO the Lord. My trials, triumphs, sufferings, studies, giving, acts of service, planning and preparation for our mission in Zambia, leading my family, loving my wife and children, my life, it is ALL to be done unto the Lord!

No comments: