“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Friday, September 17, 2010

feelin' crazy around here!!!!!!!!!!

...but I am trying not to let it. Ha Ha!
Our renters moved out of our home in Kandi and did an AWESOME job of leaving it clean. I am going around cleaning all the windows, wiping cabinets and some of the walls and cleaning the carpet. I suppose I wouldn't really need to do as much as I am; but the house is empty and it's pretty quick work.
Brian is putting an epoxy on the laundry room floor (done). Next that needs to be done in the garage. The garage will now be more of a room than a garage. He'll make sure it is well insulated and all that and it will be storage/exercise/whatever room.
The kitchen. Ah, the kitchen. We bought a dishwasher that needs to be put in. So that means we need new counter top, which that means why not new cabinets, which... Let's just say we didn't realize it would take 3-4 weeks to get in the cabinets we want. We can go with a different brand, but some of the pieces won't quite be what we want, but they will easily work and be a little cheaper...yet not quite what I want. Really, I don't know what I was thinking. I guess we are so used to just going to the store to get what we want that we figured they would be there too. Yeah-not so much.
So, of course because we want to do that first, we aren't just jumping on over and moving in yet. But if it is going to take that long, we may need to. I don't know. I am sure Brian could get the cabinets in over a weekend as there aren't that many, I just don't like living in a half finished area if I don't have to. Been there, done that, got the t shirt, preferably don't want another. We don't have a date we have to be out of here by, so we could stay here until then. But you know-once you start thinking about moving, and then get slowly started in the process...then all you want to do is MOVE!
So I am trying not to push myself and make things crazy. The kids will feel it and I'll feel it from them and so the cycle goes. There is school and work and kids activities and our small group will be starting and I'll be doing a garage sale (or two)...
It will all get done when it needs to get done and we'll be fine. I just hate that anxious feeling though.

Let's see what else--Cybil is going on her first hunt tonight with a group from a local church. She is soooo excited she doesn't even know how to get dressed.
The four younger kids (not Henry) started Wednesday night activities at a local church and JUST. LOVED. IT. I am so glad they are excited.
Garage sale is planned for October 1st. 5 or 6 families, 2 of us are moving. WILL BE HUGE. Depending on how the moving goes and if I am done getting stuff gone through, I will probably do another one the next weekend, Saturday this time. We have lots of big items to sell (leather recliner, flat screen TVs, a nissan pickup, large kitchen table) and are hoping the sale will pay for the kitchen cabinets.

Writing may be a little sporadic the next few weeks. Few things are written, but need to be edited and not much time to think long and hard so we can write some more! Our small group is going to be looking at "church"-what it is, what it was, what Scripture says and whatever comes along with that. I am sure we will have plenty of things to think about then!

No comments: