“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

back to blogging

Hey all, we'll be back to blogging again!
For the first two or three days after the delivery I was feeling pretty good. By Saturday I was having trouble staying on my feet too long because it would make me so tired. Sunday morning I got the chills and was having severe contraction-like pain. We ended up spending 4 hours at the ER where the doc there just basically gave me pain meds but didn't really check out why it was going on.
Later that night the fever went up again and was still up in the morning. We headed to my regular doc and spent 5 hours at the clinic. They took lots of blood, did an ultrasound, and finally we headed some with a sore "hip" from a shot of antibiotics and some other pretty heavy antibotic meds to take at home. Diagnosis was is a uterine infection. Just happens some times, some people probably don't want to read the details, so I will leave it at that :)
The meds started working pretty much right away and by Tuesday when I went in there was a visible difference to everyone I saw (should the receptionists and lab techs know you every time you come in?). The floor receptionist was so cute, telling me she felt bad for me all day yesterday wondering if I would ever get to go home and wanting to just pinch my checks to get some color back into them.
Tuesday afternoon the kids went to stay at the grandparents and I slept and then Brian made me supper. We stayed up late watching movies and doing nothing. The kids will be back some time today and A.E. brought supper last night that we'll eat tonight so should be another quiet day.
Thanks for all your prayers!

No comments: