“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

refusing the Father's blessings?

Is it okay to refuse the Father’s blessings? If so, how do you do that? If we believe “Father knows best” is it an insult to him not to accept? We ourselves have told others to just accept (a blessing from someone else)-don’t rob another person of the privilege of blessing you. So if we tell God, “no, I don’t want this”, what happens? Will He bless us in another way? Will He refuse to bless you? I highly doubt that. But are you hurting Him by refusing? What if you say, “God, thank you so much for blessing me in this area, but I really can’t take anymore, I don’t want it” or “I don’t think I can handle anymore of this blessing, would you please bless me in another way?” But the Word says He won’t give us more than we can handle (with and through Him). So how do you do it? Should you? Is it okay to ask for a blessing of another kind? Is it okay to take away an avenue of blessing God has for you so He has no option (from the human perspective)?

No comments: