“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Friday, February 26, 2010

prayer request

We are asking for prayer. Kelly and I are leaving for a week, just the 2 of us. We are praying for a time of rest and relaxation but we are also praying for more than just that. We are also praying for direction for our lives. The next steps that we are supposed to take as we walk out our obedience to Christ, whatever that may be. Where and what is God calling me to? Yes I know- those are some big prayers. But we serve a big God. It is just the two of us going but it is actually 3, Kelly, me and God. And we desire some good time of fellowship with Him, together. That He would bring some clarity of direction, really nothing more than that. We are called to serve Him, which we know. But in what capacity? What “job”? We serve Christ in whatever we do and everywhere is the mission field. So is it in a distant land or right here or somewhere in between? Is it behind a desk or in the field or in a place of business? I want to come back with some sort of plan, but I also don’t want to pressure myself so I don’t enjoy our time. I just want to allow ourselves the freedom to hear from our Father in the peacefulness of the day, lying in the sun. Many of the times that I have heard from God were when I was enjoying His creation and marveling at the beauty He gave us to enjoy. I will ultimately make the decisions but Kelly and I need to be on the same page. And we will if we walk together with our Father. I don’t think it is something you force, it just happens. You do NOT force God to do something; I just trust Him to do something.
God has answered many prayers the last couple of weeks. Kelly’s sister is coming up from Chicago to stay with the kids; the grandparents are going to help out as well. The situation we had with our renters has been resolved. The potential worries and concerns that could have interfered with us being able to fully enjoy our vacation have been taken care of and we are so thankful. Thankful to God for answered prayers, to the grandparents for helping watch the kids and to Kari for being willing to come and stay. Please pray for all of them this next week as well, that everything will go smoothly and all will have an enjoyable time.

No comments: