“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Monday, February 1, 2010

I still have not heard anything on the job front. Part of me really wonders if it would be a good fit for me. Some of that is just my own apprehension but some of it is the fact it is just a “job”. And I don’t want just a job. The 8 to 5, come home, eat, watch a little tv, talk to the wife and kids, go to bed, can’t wait for the weekend sorta thing. That has never really been my life. We have always had more of the family involvement in our occupations. In the dairy farm it was a family business. The kids helped with chores and Kelly took care of the books. In the mission field it was similar; family was still the main part, we did it together. We did not just all live separate lives and co-habitat in the same house. We were all involved with each other. It is something that both Kelly and I want. I always said that dairy farming would be the best occupation in the world if the cows would just take every Sunday off. We really desire an occupation in which we can all go forward in the same direction together. I see too many families struggling right now and the biggest reason is they are never together. Everyone has their own thing and they are growing in different directions and that is not a good thing for a marriage. Maybe I am just looking for an easier way. I keep trying to think of other possibilities for us and I am not coming up with much. I am trying to think of something that has the potential for everyone to be involved and that is relational in nature with others. Maybe I ask too much? But I am still going to ask. I have seen God provide exactly what I asked and needed in the past, so I say why not again? HE knows my heart desires and that of my wife. Is it selfish to ask such things? To desire such things?

No comments: