“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Targeted

That is how I often feel. There is a big bull’s-eye on my back and my family’s. It makes me sad and angry. What am I talking about? I’m talking about gossiping, slandering, just talking cruel and evil about us. I know, we have put ourselves out there. Kel and I talked about this the other night. Because of what we are called to do we have forfeited our right to privacy in most areas of our lives and family. We do understand that. That doesn’t however, make it any easier to hear things said about us, especially when it is coming from our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. It is not coming from the non-believers. They are much more straight forward. I actually had one gentleman tell me to my face that “I think you’re *^?<>’# nuts, but good luck to you”. I can respect that. He completely disagrees with what I’m doing yet he still wishes me the best and realizes he doesn’t need to get it and says it to my face. I appreciate honesty like that. Sad to say, but it is often hard to find that kind of honesty in the church. No, we in the church would rather talk behind peoples backs, because we don’t want to offend anyone. WHAT CRAP! The world would respect us a lot more if we were honest with each other. They see the hypocrisy, it cannot be hidden. I am convinced that we believers in Christ/church goers are the greatest most single hindrance to people coming to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. How it must grieve the heart of God to see his children behave this way. Am I sinless in this? NO. I am guilty too. I get angry and bitter and say things in retaliation and that is wrong too. I may feel justified but I’m not. God’s Word is clear on that. The fact is when you do what God has called you to do, you WILL be met with opposition, from outside and even more at times from within the church. It may not seem right or make sense but it is the reality. I wonder if it has always been this way or if the church has gone so far from God in areas that it is something that is just getting worse and worse? All I would ask of people is that when you hear someone say something questioning or negative that would you please just ask them if they have brought it to our attention. And if they have not, ask them why? It goes back to what we are trying to teach our children “if you cannot say anything nice, don’t say anything at all”.

4 comments:

John and Cheryl Nielsen said...

Just keep your eyes on HIM! You know who you are in him and the path he's laid before you. May God grant you a ton of grace. This morning I caught a little tidbit from Beth Moore- never argue or get into a confrontation with a Pharisee. :)

Christine said...

Stay faithful! As long as YOU know you are called by Him you can rest in that. We are watching you guys with anticipation as it looks like you will get over to Africa before us. That's great for us because then we can learn from watching you! I'm glad you "enjoyed" MTI and look forward to when we go. Blessings to all of you.

Melissa Gratz said...

Know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of many. You know that you are walking out God's plan for your life and for that you WILL be blessed. What can those that are coming against you say about what God has called them to do? It is easier to remove the log from your neighbor's eye than it is to remove the splinter from your own! Be blessed in knowing what God has in store for you and that there are so many that love you. I think it is incredible what you are doing and that you have put your faith out there and trust God to do what He has called you to!
Melissa Gratz

The Adoption Of William said...

You and your family are living for HIM. People are cruel and just dead wrong. I am praying for you. What you are doing is awesome!