“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Saturday, June 13, 2009

the calm before the next storm

At least that is the way I see it. The kids on the other hand don’t. They really enjoy having the teams here as do I. But I also like the down times. After each group my let down/crash has been worse. It has taken most of this week just to recoup and have any energy to do anything. The kids on the other hand are bored and restless. They want to do something, anything, just as long as they can get out of here. Most of the kids have not left the school for over 2 months. They would just like a change of scenery. I can’t blame them; I just don’t care to go to town. Driving 1 ½ to 2 hours one way, part of it down a dirty rough road and then hitting the tar and having to deal with check points. It drains me more than working here all day. It is anything but relaxing and right now I need all the energy I can get. Kel and I will need to figure out something, especially for the older ones. It is definitely the hardest on them; during these times is when they miss their friends the most. They don’t have any really close friends here and I don’t see any time in the near future that they will. They really miss Dana and Sasha a lot (there best friends back home). I miss my friends back home to. I just try not to think about it to much and try to focus on the many tasks at hand. Kel says, “You don’t get it”, which is true. I do not get/understand these pre teen age girls. It is WAY too complicated for me. There is no reason to try when I know I will never succeed. 
(Kelly says it is not about preteen girls, so I guess I REALLY don’t get it.)

No comments: