“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Thursday, March 5, 2009

say hello to my little friend

We found this guy traveling the floor one night a couple of weeks ago.



The other night when Nathan was leaving to head back to his cabin he almost ran into this little guy.



Nathan had walked down the steps of the veranda and had taken only a couple of steps when he heard a hisss. He immediately turned around and came back in to inform me what he heard. I grabbed the flash light and the shot gun to see if we could find it. It wasn’t too hard, it was laying only a couple of steps in front of where he had stopped. I didn’t want to shoot 5 shot into a bunch of rocks so I grabbed a shovel instead and dispatched him. I think it is an adder but not sure. What ever the name, it is extremely poisonous.


I skinned it in the morning and got the skin stretched on a board. Myron says he wants a belt.




YUM!

The meat I fried up with some onions and peppers for supper. The locals thought I was one crazy muzugo (white person). Either that or I am a witch doctor. The meat was good, tasted kind of like fish. The kids liked it. Meat is a rarity around here so we take what we can get.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess Brian's stomach is feeling better if he's up for snake and peppers!! Glad to hear you got the snake before the snake got you!

Zack said...

Awsome.

Unknown said...

I agree that it looks like an adder.

That would really freak me out...and then to eat it!

But it's also cool in a wild sort of way.

Is there a high bite rate among the native children? I would think they would need continual supervision.