“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Sunday, March 22, 2009

AND GOD SAID, “NO”

I asked God to take away my pride, and God said, “No”. He said it was not for Him to take away but for me to give up.
I asked God to make my handicapped child whole and God said, “No.” He said the body is only temporary.
I asked God to grant me patience and God said, “No.” He said patience is a by-product o tribulation. It isn’t granted, it’s earned.
I asked God to give me happiness and God said, “No.” He said He gives His blessings. Happiness is up to me.
I asked God to spare me from pain and God said, “No.” H said sufferings draw you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to Him.
I asked God to make my spirit grow and God said, No.” He said I must grow on my own, but he will prune me to make me fruitful.
I asked God if He love me and God said, “Yes.” He gave His only Son who died for me and I will be in heaven someday because I believe.
I asked God to help me love others as much as He loves me and God said, “Ah, finally you have the idea!”
--Source Unknown

No comments: