“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Sunday, February 1, 2009

VISITORS

You have probably noticed that as of late things (I) have been somewhat discouraged and a little frustrated. These things are all normal. It’s called transition and culture shock. Part of the reason for the blog is to share our struggles so you know how to pray; to stay connected to the rest of the world. I am very much a realist-I call it like I see it (good or bad), it’s who I am. I also don’t make apologies for it.
During this period I have struggled with my prayer life. How to pray, what to pray. I am SO THANKFUL for the saints who intercede on my behalf-this is what this blog is about!
Well, today (Saturday) God let me know he hears and is watching over me (Sometimes I just need to be reminded). This afternoon two Zambian gentleman drove out to the school, specifically to see me. I didn’t know these men, have never seen or met them. They had heard about the college and me and well, today they felt led to come and see me. As they said, they came by faith that they would be welcomed to come and see me.
The one was a pastor of a Pentecostal church near Chongwe, -and the other lived in Lusaka. I believe he was involved in agriculture-teaching and consulting for large farms. I was very apprehensive at first, but after spending a couple of hours together, that changed. These men were answers to prayers. We had a wonderful time of conversation and before they left we had a time of prayer together. As they say, the Spirit moved. As the one gentleman prayed, he began praying for and about things for me that he knew nothing about. You know there are times when God the Spirit is speaking to someone. They may not even know why they are praying what they are praying, but God is letting YOU know-He hears you, and He is answering. He works through fellow believers, it’s His way to encourage all of us.
I want you to understand that sometimes to be able to see and recognize the good, first you must see and experience the bad. It’s hard to recognize the one without the other. Scripture also tells us that in this world we will have struggles. Romans 8:28 tells us that God works in ALL things (good, bad, positive, negative, hard) for the good of those who are called according to His purposes. Do we enjoy this (yuck) period right now? Nope, not at all. But we can go through them and grown through them knowing God is at work!
Kelly found this in a Barbara Johnson book, “Pack up your Glommies in a Great Big Box, then sit on the lid and laugh!”. It doesn’t say where she found it:

THERE IS NO OIL WITHOUT SQUEEZING THE OLIVES,
NO WINE WITHOUT PRESSING THE GRAPES,
NO FRAGRANCE WITHOUT CRUSHING THE FLOWERS.
AND NO REAL JOY WITHOUT SORROW.

No comments: