“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Thursday, July 24, 2008

the joys of building a house overseas

Ever wake up in the middle of the night wondering or realizing something? Well, that is what happened last night. I realized that due to the changes that I had to make to the house in the midst of construction that some of the materials (roof sheeting) are not going to work out exactly the way I had originally planned. I’m coming up a little short on my roof sheets, not length but width. Kelly got up wondering, why are you up at 4am? Then, what can you do about it here and now? Answer: not much. But I was not going to be able to get back to sleep until I figured something out; which being awake at 3 is not always the most conducive to clear thinking. By 6am I had pretty much figured out the necessary adjustments that I thought would work. Even though I don’t like that, you work within the situation boundaries. You do not have any other choice. Just one of those things that I have to learn to accept. Kelly says “it will be fine”; I say “I know, but it’s not the way I wanted it nor do I like it.” I’m very particular at times about things, especially when it comes to construction. I want things to look a certain way. Now I have to accept that it is not going to. So I look to figure a way to minimize that as much as possible. More training I guess.

No comments: