“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Sunday, May 6, 2007

WHY YOU? (FROM BRIAN)

“Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.
Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things-and the things that are not-to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God-that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:20-31


It hasn’t been fun to learn, but God is talking about me (Brian) here. I have struggled with this for a while, but finally accepted what God was trying to show me here. I am not the smartest, the most qualified, the most articulate, the most anything in THIS WORLD. But I do know that God called me. And I know that I am not smart enough to do this on my own. I believe that is one of the main reasons He did call me. Because I know that I cannot do this on my own. I do not have all the answers. If I could do it myself, I wouldn’t need God. So when I boast, I will boast in the Lord.

Some people seem to think I am just a dairy farmer from Minnesota and dairy is all I will ever be qualified to do, or should do. Pastor Brooke shared a story on Easter. The short-short of it is there was a pastor for 12 years who never really knew Christ, even after all those years of ministry. Poor 6th grade educated Farmer Bob was having a bible study/prayer meeting going on at his house. Pastor decides he is going to go out there and set these people straight. He gets to the door and pauses to listen for a moment and hears Farmer Bob read a passage and give a lesson. The Pastor turns to leave, crying out to God. God tells him-that 6th grade educated Farmer in there knows me on a dimension you never have. Pastor falls to his knees and finally accepts Christ as his Lord and Savior. This is definitely not meant to sound high and mighty or “I’m better than you”, but I do know Christ as my Lord and Savior, I do know him on another dimension. And I see God wanting to use me to confound the wise out there that say you have to be this or that to serve Him. You don’t-you need to be willing, you need to be obedient, and you will be approved by God for the work HE is calling you to do, and HE will be the one to equip you to do it..

Another interesting Scripture and quote I once read:

“On the contrary, it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary; and those members of the body which we deem less honorable, on these we bestow more abundant honor, and our less presentable members become much more presentable, whereas our more presentable members have not need of it. But God has so composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that member which lacked, so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.” 1 Corinthians 12:22-25

“It is really interesting to watch how God does this work of using the “dishonorable” to bring Him honor. Often we see God raise up some insignificant, uneducated “failure” of a human being, someone that has seen devastation in his life, and use him as a great warrior for the kingdom of God. As this happens, a seminary graduate stands by doing very little for the kingdom, befuddled because God would use this unwashed “nothing” of a man for such a noble purpose. Such a person motivated by his God-given honor and strong in His love, will tear down Satan’s strongholds with supernatural power.
Never discount your value in and to the body of Christ. You are important!” (emphasis mine)
Mathias, Art, Biblical Foundations of Freedom. Pleasant Valley Publications, Thomaston, Georgia, 2000.

No comments: