“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?

Why do it? Because when I get to eternity and stand before Jesus, I do not want to have to come up with an excuse for not using what God has given me, for not doing what God has commanded me. I don’t want Him to ask me why I didn’t do more with what He gave me. We will all stand before Christ and have to answer for every word and deed. I want to have no regrets that day. While as a child of God, my misdeeds are forgiven; I still am seeking to present myself a holy sacrifice to Him.
There are many Scripture passages that cover it-so take out your bible and look yourself on these ones!
Matthew 12:36-37
Romans 14:12
Matthew 16:27
Romans 2:6
1 Peter 4:5
Jesus tells us to store up for ourselves treasures in heaven, not on this earth (see Matt 6:19-21 below). While I don’t do this looking for a reward, I know I will be (rewarded). Maybe not on this earth, maybe (probably) not financially. My treasure is with Christ-I don’t need the “riches” of this world.
I want to hear Christ say to me, “Well done, good and faithful slave. You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Enter into the joy of your master.” Matthew 25:23
How amazing and sovereign God is. (Us) not having even an inkling about this mission thing, we studied countries and cultures this year in school. We read missionary biographies during read aloud time-even David Livingstone who was the first non-native to see Victoria Falls and mapped nearly the entire continent of Africa.
We were also reading through the book of Matthew and memorizing verses out of it. Here are a few that seem appropriate:

Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” (We will be and have been seeking God’s word)

Matthew 4:19 “Come, follow me, “ Jesus said, “ and I will make you fishers of men.”

Matt. 9:37b-38 “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest filed.” (Through this mission we are helping to teach those workers!)

Matt. 6:19-21 “Do not store up for yourself treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Our heart is with Christ, that’s where we want our treasures to be-where things of this earth cannot destroy them. The treasures of this world really don’t mean a whole lot to us. What do they get us? Often heartache-but our treasures with Christ only bring us eternal joy.)

Matt. 6:24-25, 33 “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” (We will not worry, but we will trust in God, and we will seek Him. We are definitely not serving money here-never have. God has consistently provided for us all our needs, and very often all our wants too.)

Matt. 25:34-36, 40 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in. I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’” (May all we do be done as onto the Lord.)

No comments: