“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Friday, April 15, 2011

prayers appreciated!

I am writing this Wednesday afternoon in the hour or so before I head up to the Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators annual convention. It is up in Duluth this year.
What a day today has been. I have not even left and already the acting out and regression of behaviors has begun. I expect it, I know it's coming, and I know why. But that doesn't make me understand it, or even deal with it any better.
Please keep Brian in your prayers today and tomorrow. He's gonna need it! :-)

One of the speakers is focusing on FAS, attachment and adoption issues among other things so I am really looking forward to those workshops. And of course there is just quiet time, do what I want time, and shopping time!
I also know that when I get back there will again be more, maybe even extra, behaviors as we establish relationship again. You know, sometimes I wish I were a little braver in writing about adopting kids from a hard place. Maybe it would be help me. I don't know. Unfortunately it hasn't really brought out the best in me. I learn things about myself all the time that I am SO. NOT. PROUD of. Big, big kuddos go out to you trauma mommas who write about your struggles and give the rest of us hope!

No comments: