“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Sunday, October 4, 2009

what's next?

That is a question I do not have a solid long term answer for. I just do not know. I think it is the first time in my life that I really have no idea. Can you imagine how hard that is? Being a husband and father and not knowing or having any real plan. Our plan is to go back to the states and rest. Take the necessary time to process and heal from our last year. Does that mean it was a terrible year? NO just a hard one. One that has taken its toll on us but one we would not trade for anything. Our FATHER has opened a whole new world to us. We have seen that HE has gifted us in areas that we did not know. HE has uniquely equipped us for HIS service. That is exciting but it does not answer “what’s next?” There are things we need to do before we can answer that. There will be some short term things I am sure. I got some very good advice from a missionary over here that has been through a lot, he said I need to keep doing my assignments. What does that mean? Read, study, prepare, whatever that might be. It’s not just sitting and doing nothing as you wait for the Lord’s direction. You need to be prepared for when FATHER calls you into HIS service. HE is not going to call if you are not ready.


There are some things that we were told we must do when we get back to the States to heal up. There are 4 areas that we must work on. First one is the physical. It is essentially the easiest. We need to sleep, eat well, exercise, and do some light physical labor. But mainly rest- we are run down and it is beginning to show. Very few of us have had a good night sleep in the last 2 months and I especially feel that I am running on fumes. It will need to be more than just a couple of days of rest. My problem has always been I start feeling better and than go out and do too much and wind up having a set back. I am really going to need to guard against that. The other 3 areas will take more time and they are the mental, emotional and spiritual. These are the areas inside and have often been the most neglected. There is a lot of processing that needs to be done to assist in the healing of these areas. You need to look at the questions you have (the why?) and be willing to understand and except that you may not get all the answers and that is okay. And you must come to a point of surrender. That is what I am seeing for myself. FATHER has brought me to a place and has shown me that I have some very important areas that I need to surrender to HIM and then let HIM do with them as HE sees fit.

No comments: