“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Monday, September 21, 2009

It was an interesting morning (a few weeks ago now). Two brothers of the local headman came to see me. The one I helped a few weeks back with some clothes for his girlfriend and new born baby, he wanted to check and see if it was okay to come in the afternoon so everyone can greet properly and the other brother had an interesting “problem”. He was looking to buy some ammunition for a shotgun he has. I started asking him questions about what kind of shotgun it was, 12ga, 20ga, 410. He didn’t understand what I meant. Then they offered to bring the gun to me so I can see it and determine what it is and if I can “help”. What was strange is I was told that there was no one else who had a gun in the area, obviously that was not entirely true. Why did they come to me? Because that is what they do; we have been the go to people around here. And I am known as the gun guy. I have several and I am known to carry one. Do they stay away from me because of them? Obviously not.
I went out and did a little target practicing with the pistol the other evening; it helps me to relieve tension. I had just sold the pistol so I wanted to shoot it a little more before it went. Kelly came out and I gave her a lesson in shooting, then Cybil and Mariah came for their turn as well. They had been on me for a while to teach them to shoot. I need to do more of that. I think Cybil would like to hunt but I am not sure she has the patience or she would be to busy reading that a deer would walk right in front of her and she would never know. Kelly wants to know just for her own protection, I cannot blame her. The other night was a perfect example. It was a little before 1 am. We are sleeping and I wake up to the dogs going crazy and someone outside yelling. So I get up grab my pistol which I keep next to the bed and go outside. Someone is standing out by the garden taunting the dogs. Why? Because he was drunk. Now I do not know if this guy is a silly drunk, a stupid drunk, or a mean drunk. I knew he was 1 out of the 3 for sure, but I didn’t know about the other 2. And I am not going to take any chances. I yell at him to get going and that he doesn’t belong here. He decides to move on. I just sat and listened to him for the next ½ hr singing and yelling as he went down the road. It sounded like he came from the other side of the river and walked through the campus. I know he came down the road from the shop side, not the entrance side, Needless to say I never went back to bed. Why? Because you just don’t know.

No comments: