“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Sunday, April 19, 2009

praise team

I am now part of the praise team-which in all truth is almost the whole church on any given Sunday! It is the students, Lucy, Christine, Mildred and I and Faith when she is here. Last Friday was my first time at practice. I gave Lucy a file with some praise chorus from the states. Most of these are older songs, songs I sang when I was in at bible camp in high school! Since I gave the book, I get to teach the songs of course as most of them don’t know it. Basically I have to tell them the words, and then sing them the tune. They caught on to the songs pretty quick. Even after one or two times, we have about an 8 part choir. It is just SOOO cool to here and be a part of. They also like to “move a little” so if there are actions, we do those too. Otherwise we do a lot of the step-shuffle. We also have a “kickline” with 3 shuffles and a kick! Thank God I was blessed with rhythm. Many of the songs are in Bembe or Nyanji so it takes a bit for me to sing them. Most of the songs just repeat over and over again so I can start to get. If I don’t know all the words I can sustain notes until we get to the end of the phrase and hit that.
My problem is my own inhibition I guess. I can do a little groove, but I feel so self-conscious I have a hard time letting myself do it. That is one thing I love about the Zambian people-they just say it, do it, its so matter of fact.

No comments: