“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

thanking god for the pain????

There are times when I really wish I didn’t quit using tobacco. These are those times right now. For many that probably doesn’t sound the most “Christian”. It is how I use to relax. It was my pacifier. And right now I feel really stressed. Kelly copes by organizing and after a while that begins to drive me nuts. But I understand this is something she needs to do right now. We are starting to see it in the kids some now too. Acting out in different ways, being more emotional about things. That doesn’t surprise us; we are, why not them. It is so incredibly draining. I know it is for our parents. I can not even imagine how hard it is for them right now. I ask GOD, why does this have to be so hard??? Because love hurts sometimes, that is reality. What would really be sad is if we didn’t feel anything. If we had no problem leaving. If there were no ties, no family that was close who love us and care, no friends who genuinely love us. If there was no one we cared about here. Now that would really be sad. So I guess in that I can be thankful for the pain.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Praying for you guys through this difficult and exciting time. Your extended family is waiting anxiously for your arrival in Zambia.

Unknown said...

We are praying for your family that the LORD will give peace through this emotional time. We said good-bye to our son's family when they went to the Middle East 3 years ago. My husband, Kris, has been to the Bible college 4 times. Perhaps we will both see there this spring. God bless and strengthen you. Jennifer

Donna Barber said...

You guys are Awesome and doing a wonderful thing. We are praying that God's light continues to shine through you as he guides you. We will all just have to work at coming to visit you- it cant be that far from Liberia! ;0)

Unknown said...

I really empathized with you when you described the response of yourself, your wife and your kids to the difficulties ahead.

I think to some extent my family is responding in a similar way as we prepare for my lung transplant.