“THE PROCESS IS THE END. FOR IT IS THE PROCESS THAT IS GLORIFYING TO GOD.” --Oswald Chambers

"This life therefore, is not godliness but the process of becoming godly, not health but getting well, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not now what we shall be, but we are on the way. The process is not yet finished, but it is actively going on. This is not the goal, but it is the right road. At present, everything does not gleam and sparkle, but everything is being cleansed." --Martin Luther

Saturday, August 16, 2008

a baby story (the short version)




About 9:50 pm I heard and felt a pop near my belly button as I was lying in bed. Not knowing what it was, I laid there for a few minutes. Three minutes and two contractions later I got up to go to the bathroom. Yup, that was my water that broke. I called for Brian three times (he was half-asleep downstairs). Grandma Judi came over and we were off to the hospital. We got there about 10:10 pm as I hit “transition”, my cervix dilating as they checked me. My doctor got there about 10:30-it’s suppose to be a 30 minute drive I think-she made it in about 20 praying, “please don’t let there be any deer, please don’t let there be any cops.” She knows I deliver fast. As we waited, everyone commented on my pretty toes (I had treated myself to a pedicure right before Brian came home and my nail art was still intact.)
I finally hit the green light to push about 10:50 or so. A handful of pushes later, he was there. Brian said the cord was somehow wrapped around his back, neck, and his body, so we had to hurry to get his shoulder out right away. Because he came so fast, his lungs were a little wet, but otherwise all was well. He was pretty cheesy looking. But definitely a Kallevig-a carbon copy of the last four at least. Really, unless your picture has a date or a name on it, you wouldn’t know who was who!
After he got cleaned a bit, he came back to me and happily ate for awhile. About 1 am I went to take a bath and Henry slept in the chair with daddy. They came and got him for his bath around 2:30 and we got to sleep until 5:00 before he came back to eat again, except he didn’t want to eat, so we slept a few more hours! Brian left to check with Grandma Carole and the kids about 7 am. Myron got up in the middle of the night to head to our bed, but once he found it was Grandma and not Mom & Dad, he went back to bed with Joe!
Brian brought the kids up to see us in the morning. Things went pretty well-Myron wasn’t overly interested in pictures and Henry, but everyone else was. When it was time to go, Hailey and Greta wanted to bring Henry home; didn’t know why he had to stay. Myron just wanted me to go with him! He cried all the way to the van. I guess later in the day Hailey and Greta wanted mom too. (So nice to be missed!)
There are many more funny stories and other details all women love to share, but since our readership is so diverse, I thought I’d spare you :-)

No comments: